5 New Uses For Baking Soda
From Robin Wilson Home
Baking soda has more uses than you think. Lifestyle guru Robin Wilson gives us five new ways to use this commonly overlooked household item.
Who knew that baking soda had so many uses? From cleaning to caring for your hair and skin, baking soda can be a great way to replace harsh cleaning chemicals as well as over-fragranced personal care products. (Added bonus: It is often one of the least expensive items in the grocery store!)
Here are great ways to change your lifestyle by using baking soda in a healthy way for your everyday cleaning and for non-toxic activities in your home:
- Stop the itch. For insect bites, make a paste out of baking soda and water, and apply to ease the itch.
- Freshen your hair. Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda into your palm along with your favorite shampoo. Shampoo as usual and rinse thoroughly—baking soda helps remove the residue that styling products leave behind.
- Get sandal-ready feet. Dissolve 3 tablespoons of baking soda in a tub of warm water and soak feet. Gently scrub.
- Remove crayon marks. Apply baking soda to a damp sponge and rub lightly. Wipe off with a clean, dry cloth.
- Deodorize your trash can. Sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of your trash can to keep stinky trash smells at bay.
This post originally appeared on Robin Wilson Home.